Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals
The healthcare and pharmaceutical industries are today facing increasingly challenging obstacles:
- The switch from branded drugs to generics, accompanying a similar switch from prescription to over-the-counter drugs;
- An upsurge in multi-drug-resistant bacteria and the omnipresent problem of nosocomial infections, producing an “arms race” between man and microbes;
- A demanding FDA approval process, from bench research to drug availability;
- Well-funded and vocal public advocacy groups touting the “disease of the week” have the ability to shift attention away from critical public health areas towards less prevalent pet causes; and
- Healthcare and Rx-drug availability is increasingly to be found overseas or across US borders.
All of these conditions, combined with countless others, are creating a volatile, uncertain atmosphere in America’s health-related and pharmaceutical markets. Assessment of consumer knowledge becomes increasingly vital, and honed, strategic planning is necessary to sustain and expand current market shares.
WPA can provide expertise in extracting and deciphering healthcare-related knowledge, attitudes, and practices in both the public and private sectors. We can assist your company in developing the most accurate and timely strategies to address your specific needs, be they brand-building, marketing, or customer satisfaction. The extensive health-related experience of WPA staff provides clients with the ability to translate precise data into increased profit margins in every sphere of the health and pharmaceutical industries.